Friday, July 10, 2015

Well, Day 1 is in the books. I got an early start this morning. My neighbor, Bob Stites, called last night and said he wanted to get a photo of me with the bike all loaded up, so he got up early and was at my house at 6:20 a.m. to snap these.I love my neighbors, they're so thoughtful. I never could have gotten a selfie, and you really don't want to ask anyone to get up early... especially since they're all retired! Me and my Biker Babe gnome in the corner of the garden bear some resemblance, don't ya think? :)



That's my summer riding uniform. Ugly, but it works in this heat :)

The day was uneventful; cool this morning, but in the 90's by 11 AM, and topped out at 97 near Little Rock. I made 620 miles, and stopped in Conway, Arkansas at about 5:00 PM local time. So about 11 hours on the road. Now I only have 1,300 miles of I-40 to go! The scenery is getting a bit better here in Arkansas, at least there are hills. But still not anything to write home about. Maybe I'll actually get the camera out tomorrow. Planning another early takeoff to get some miles in while it's cool. I'm thinking 500, 500 and 300 over the next 3 days.We'll see how that goes!

Time for bed, I didn't sleep much last night, so I have some catching up to do. I'll check in again tomorrow evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment