Wednesday, July 8, 2015

I'm counting down! One more day of work, last minute packing, and I'm off! I'm planning to leave Friday morning after the dreaded Atlanta rush hour, unless I'm just too excited to sleep, in which case I'll leave at daylight and try to beat the rush through town.

The first four days of my adventure will be spent on Interstate 40, headed west. It's about 450 miles to get from home to I-40 in Memphis, and then another 1,500 or so to my first real destination in Kingman, Arizona. The plan is to arrive there on Monday, 7/13. In Kingman I'll meet up with my friend Sherm Acord and his wife Pat, who have graciously offered to put me up for the night. Sherm is a fellow VROC member (Vulcan Riders and Owners Club). We both rode Vulcans at one point in our lives... of course Sherm has owned and ridden pretty much every kind of bike there is, I think he passed 100 in his lifetime a while ago :)  On Tuesday morning Sherm and I will head out across Death Valley (in JULY for heaven's sake) for Castaic, California, which will be our jumping off point to our real destination, breakfast at rally hosts Cat and Jim's house in Fillmore, then on to Solvang for a VROC rally!


I'll be checking in along the way, and hopefully I'll get a decent photo or two here and there. Interstate is not my favorite way to travel, but it will get me there quickly :)

2 comments:

  1. Safe travels....... We can't wait to see your pictures and hear about all the adventures you will have!

    We love you..... Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you twice on your Birthday Trip!!! Safe travels and we will see you next week!!

    ReplyDelete