Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Glacier NP to Pocatello, Idaho

Well, it's now Tuesday morning, August 4th, and I'm in Topeka, Kansas. I have a short day today, so I thought I would try to catch up at least one more day before I hit the road again. These photos are from my ride from Glacier National Park to Pocatello, Idaho on my way to Lake Powell on Thursday, July 30th. Yeah, I'm way behind again.

These are from Flathead Lake in Montana. A beautiful area.




On into Idaho, on US 93, I rode through the Salmon River Scenic Byway. Such a beautiful ride, with nice sweeper curves and big hills surrounding this beautiful valley.


A beautiful blue sky with just a few puffy clouds. A great day for a ride!




Hmmm, I could live here. This house overlooks the river on the other side of the road. Beautiful!


Such a peaceful scene... happy horses!




Very lush farmland in this valley.







Couldn't you just wake up to this every morning?




Darn signs just pop into my pictures whenever they feel like it :-(







The road looks like it just drops into a hole... I always slow down a bit for these, I like to know what I'm riding into!





My favorite road sign!







My old brain just can't pull out the name of this lake, but it sure was pretty.




So that was my ride to Pocatello, with a bit under 500 miles to go to Lake Powell on Friday. I hope to be able to catch up the blog tomorrow while in Troy. The ride between Pocatello and the lake was beautiful. Bullfrog Marina is located about 35 miles south of the north end of Lake Powell in Utah, in the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, and the ride in there was just gorgeous. For now I need to get packed up and headed out of Topeka before the rain catches up with me. Hoping for a dry, uneventful ride today. I haven't taken a picture since I left Denver... the first one east of Denver was pretty much the scene from there to here. Flat and straight. Pretty in its own way, but certainly nothing to write home about. If you've seen one cornfield, you've seen them all :-)

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment