Friday, August 7, 2015

Home, Sweet Home!!



I arrived home last night at about 7:45, about a 12-1/2 hour day from Troy to Jefferson. That's usually a 10 hour ride, but between rain on and off all day, drowsiness, an old lady bladder and traffic backups due to three separate accidents in Nashville and Chattanooga and some other road construction, it was slow going. But I made it, safe and sound, and happy to be back in my own space. Four weeks on the road is a long time when you're constantly moving. I did have a couple of multiple day breaks, but when I do this in retirement I'll plan my travels so I can stay in one place for at least a few days at a time.

8,613 total miles in 28 days. It was so good to spend time with friends and family, and see such beautiful scenery along the way. My thanks to all I met in my travels for making this trip so special, and for all of the encouragement along the way. I'm happy to know that I can still do this kind of touring, and I hope to do it again in the future. It's fun to challenge yourself and succeed!

Now it's time to get myself back together, give poor Rose a bath (she deserves some pampering, she performed flawlessly for all those miles!), pull a bunch of weeds and dead flowers out of my garden (me thinks we got some rain while I was gone... rather than baking, my flower baskets drowned!) and prepare to get back to the real world.

I hope you've enjoyed the photos. If you've never been out west, it's fabulous and something not to be missed. So much beautiful country! I think I covered about 20 states on this trip (need to count them again, my route changed some along the way). I still have not ridden in the northeast, so that's a goal for the future. Lots of pretty country up there I want to experience as well!

Thanks for following along! Until next time, be adventurous! Life is too short to spend it on the couch :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment